Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul of Dayton Paul of Dayton is offline

Default New Washer Needed; Commercial Grade

I second the vote for the F&P. I've had mine 5 years (it's my 2nd one, sold
the first with the first home) and it's great. Less wear & tear and a very
smart washer. It holds a lot of clothes, too. The top load makes it very
easy to use. I was ready to get a front loader when I got my first one.
I'm glad I didn't. Energy Star compliant, too.

PoD

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 16:27:10 GMT, mtco wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On 3 Feb 2007 19:23:12 -0800, wrote:

I need to get a front loading washer for my home and have decided I
want a commercial quality unit.

What makes you think you need a front loading machine... ?

Can't speak for the OP, but a front loader uses less water, and it
doesn't have an agitator, which tends to damage clothes.

There are good alternatives for about half the cost, and they don't
require any
special (expensive) detergents, either.

I was about to buy a traditional washer a few years ago and someone told
me to
check out Fisher & Paykel. I bought one and it has been terrific. Does
everything a front loader does, and uses a direct drive, so there isn't
even a
transmission to fail. Spin dry cycle is at 1100 rpm so the clothes are
almost
dry before you put them in the dryer. That means I run the dryer for a
much
shorter period. Saves a lot of energy there, too. I paid about $600.

http://www.us-appliance.com/fisherpaykel1.html

CWM