Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Frozen well pump - help!

On Feb 4, 6:55 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , FragileWarrior wrote:
"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in
:

I'm not getting the setup. It seems like if you had a deep well
(submersible) pump, you wouldn't need one at ground level.

Right. I didn't know the right words. Someone mentioned the piece at the
ground level is a riser spigot.

It's called a freeze-proof hydrant. If this one's been damaged, that's what
you ask for when you go to replace it.

snip

Regards,

AT last. I kept reading wondering when someone would call it right.
They are called "Frost Free Hydrants" out here. I don't know what the
true technical name is. Asking for one by either of those names will
get what he needs.

Harry K