Posted to rec.woodworking
John Flatley John Flatley is offline

Default OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings

Quite a discussion going on. I seem to have missed the
logical answer. Vouchers, and let folks who don't like
public school rules or education quality vote with
their feet.

Although my kids are grown with families of their own,
I still have a stake in the school system. I help with
the grandkids' tuition so they can attend a Catholic
school (and I'm Lutheran). The plan is to continue
until they reach the 8th grade.

John

--
wrote in message
ps.com...
| Only the Texas GOP could produce such a ****tard.
|
| Parents Who Skip School Meetings Could Be Fined
|
| AUSTIN, Texas -- Parents bewa Miss a meeting with
your child's
| teacher
| and it could cost you a $500 fine and a criminal
record.

| A Republican state lawmaker from Baytown has filed a
bill that would
| charge
| parents of public school students with a misdemeanor
and fine them for
| playing hooky from a scheduled parent-teacher
conference.

| Rep. Wayne Smith said Wednesday he wants to get
parents involved in
| their
| child's education.
|
| "I think it helps the kids for the parents and
teachers to