Posted to rec.woodworking
Len Len is offline

Default OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings

"Leon" wrote in message

"Len" wrote in message

You child is more important than any job or rent.

Tell that to Social Services when they come to take your kids
away because you got fired for taking time off to attend one

of
these meetings, and you can afford to feed them any more.

Len

Has that happened to you? Don't make up a problem before it

exists.

No, it hasn't happened to me, but that doesn't mean it doesn't
happen.

One of my neighbors, a divorced mom, took time off from one of
her two jobs to take one of her kids to the emergency room. Even
though she called in to explain the situation, she was fired for
being late to work. One thing led to another, and Social Services
was called in.

So don't denigrate problems of a type that DO exist just because
they are outside of your experience.

Len