Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
oups.com...

Are you one of the people who cannot understand that others do not
have the resources that upper-middle class families have, including
friends who can give rides? On one point, you want someone to ask for
help. On another, you want them to solve their own problems.

That doesn't make any more sense than does legislating attendance at
school meetings..

Yeah Charlie, I think that you are probably right. My child is now out of
public school and none of this really concerns me any more. My child did
well so that is all that really matters to me. We really should ignore the
problem with school violence and poor attendance because that is how it has
been and will always be. Lets not do some thing so drastic at to require
parents to be accountable for their kids actions. Heck lets not even make
the kids go to school because the family is too poor to make it with out
their kids contributing to the family income.

Further, this law that is being proposed in a city close to Houston seems to
be getting more support from the community that it will involve than those
that will not be affected.

All these dam laws just get in the way and cramp my style.