Posted to uk.d-i-y
pp pp is offline

Default wastewater and foulwater drains

"EricP" wrote in message
On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 16:44:14 GMT, "pp"
wrote:

Hi

I wish to fit a water butt to collect rainwater from the roof but I have
noticed that the bath and basin water from the bathroom discharge into a
hopper that splits the downpipe from the roof. Consequently, the water
butt
will fill not only with rainwater from the roof but also bath and basin
water from the bathroom. Surely this is not right? Would I be right in
thinking that this is an illegal setup? I must mention that the toilet
does
not discharge into this pipe!
Any advice would be helpful please.

Phil

How old is this pipework arrangement???

The house was built about 1975 I believe but it has been extended. None of
our neighbours seem to have a similar arrangement.

Phil