Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A/C EFFICIENCY

I hope your "little patio roof" is several feet over the
condensor fan.

Wondering if something like a chimney would be good. Let the hot
air rise naturally, but provide some sides for shade.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Pop`" wrote in message

Shade of some sort will help. Mine went to running less often

on same
temp/wind/humidity days. Actually, it went from nearly always

on to short
off periods even on the worst days. No idea how much energy

change that
amounted to though, but point is, it made a difference.

One important thing bout shading: Whatever creates the shade

must NOT
impede air flow in any way. Ideally the shade should cover the

ac and as
much area around it as reasonable so that the ambient it

operates in drops
some on sunny days. I made mine look like a little patio roof.
Some people say to shade with plants; I disagree as enough

foliage to
shade also impedes air flow. ymmv I suppose.

Pop`