Posted to alt.home.repair
CC CC is offline

Default Q spraying contact adhesive

"jd karnes" wrote in message
CC wrote:
Thanks for
"jd karnes" wrote in message
news:4P2dnW4rvoYeI17YnZ2dnUVZ_umlnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

Cliff Hartle wrote:

Why don't you want to roll it with some thing like this?

http://www.ravsupply.com/home/rs1/pa...ler_cover.html

I see spraying making quite a mess with a ton of waste.

Also, how are you going to handle the fumes? The flammable stuff is
well flammable and the nonflammable stuff I think is toxic.

"CC" wrote in message

I didn't want to buy a sprayer and tank of adhesive to put down
laminate for a counter top
Has anyone used a quart paint spray gun to apply the contact adhesive
instead of rolling it on
Would the same spray tips work or a larger one be needed.Any thoughts
from someone who works
in a top shop would be appreciated.
CC

the non-flamable contact cement is made by weldwood at least it use to
be. i bought a gallon from granger about 8 years ago. works ok.

Thanks for all the thoughts. I may go ahead and try to use my spray gun,
I'll check with
my local paint supplier and see if they have some advise on a nozzle to
try and see if it works.
have a cheap gun that I haven't used and will advise here how it went.
CC

that I don't use and

i got the tail end on this but when i did a floor with cork a roller was
just find. you must be doing a lot of sq ft to think about a sprayer.

Soon as weather warms up I want to begin making new cabinets and
counter tops for kitchen along two walls, and also make a craft
center for wife with cabinets and counter top in spare bedroom.
I expect to be doing a lot of laminate work for this project.
CC