Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Cleaning LCD screen

yeh, paper towels can be loaded with micro fine chunks of any kind of
abrasion material. wire, process machine wear debris, and worse yet, sand
and grit from factory process locations.

many 'green' products fomulated from recycled paper from god knows
wherever, may contain unknowns also

i use nice old soft and well used face cloths that have been through laundry
enough times to make them really fluffy and absorbent when dry.

have used that orange grease cutting cleaner concentrate in a 1oz to a spray
container (abt 32 oz?) of filtered h2O as my cleaning solvent. claims to
have no caustic or other elements. and has worked well for last 6 yrs.
fingerprints with food grease and skin oils are misery., but disssaper with
this.

static is always a problem, but a plain fine soft 12 inche cleaning
handbrush takes most of that dust off in a few swipes.

old real glass used for older units will fare better, but the newer units
with composite acrylic and newer polymer specialty coverings demand special
care. follow the manufactureres recs for the new ones.

"Peter Twydell" wrote in message
The grandbrats have been wiping their sticky paws on our Philips LCD TV
screen. Wiping it with a slightly dampened microfibre cloth and then
drying with another has left streaks.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can get the screen really
streak-free and clean again?
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!