Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings

On Feb 3, 6:32 pm, "Roger Shoaf" wrote:

SNIP

Who will hold the "SLOW"
sign that you see when going through a small road construction
project?

If the jobs need to be done and you have no one to fill them raise the price
you are willing to pay and they will line up for the work. So currently if
lettuce is 89 cents a head with a $6 picker, the price might go up a bit if
they had to pay $10 or $20 for a picker but the market would find it's
price.

--

Roger Shoaf

Roger... judging by the lack of response here, you may be the only one
that didn't get that the particular paragraph you quoted was tongue in
cheek. Of course I don't advocate generations of mindless idiots
doing menial jobs for a living. I am one of those who still believe
you should be all you can be.

God forbid we raise more generations of lettuce pickers and sign
carriers simply because their parents are too lazy to take advantage
of the opportunities for themselves and their kids.

Sorry for the confusion.

Robert