Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default delta jointer

"John Marshall" wrote in
:

Am looking to buy a used Delta 8 " jointer for my home workshop
Cabinet shop in area has a model 37-315 that's app. 33 yr. old. Anyone
with knowledge or opinion on this model would be appreciated. Also any
idea on a fair price ? Thanks, John

I spent maybe $800 on a Delta Milwaukee that's 54 years old, after it had
been gone completely through by a friend of mine (a single digit OWWWM
member.) A really sweet machine, although I don't work it hard all that
often.

When a machine is that old, who has been using it, and who has been
maintaining it makes a bunch of difference it what you want to spend on it.
Had mine come from a stranger, I would have spent less than half that much
on old iron, or not bought it.

Does that help at all?

Patriarch