Posted to alt.home.repair
Phil Phil is offline

Default Sears 110 Washer Failure

I don't think so, as I tried fiddling with it some more, and reset the water
level lower. Now it works! What happened, and is a failure of some kind in
my near future?

- Phil

wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 09:58:13 -0800, "Phil"
wrote:

This morning, our Sears 80 series washer 110. 82380800 suddenly failed.
Looking for some guidance on what the problem may be. It fills normally,
does not agitate, but simply drains again, then refills, drains, and
appears
to repeat this process over and over. I set the water level to
considerably
lower, and now it is agitating. What might have caused this, and do I
still
have a problem waiting to surprise me again? By the way, we have had this
washer for just over 20 years.

- Phil

Coupler? Look for little bits of ground plastic under the machine.