Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] lrabanus@gmail.com is offline

Default Zenith E44W46LCD Polarizers

On Jan 28, 1:07 pm, Andy Cuffe wrote:
I have one of these TVs that's starting to show signs of failure of
the blue and green polarizers. There is a slight lack of blue from
most of the screen and there's a noticeable green cast to what should
be black. I took apart the light engine to clean the dust out and I
can see a slight burn on the blue polarizer. The green filter looks
ok, but I find it hard to believe this set originally had such poor
blacks (it's only 2.5 years old).

Has anyone had any luck replacing the polarizers in LCD projectors
like this? From what I've read, they aren't available from Zenith/LG.
Has anyone found a source for new polarizing material that could be
made to work? I assume the polarizers used in other types of LCDs
such as overhead projector panels, or laptop displays wouldn't be able
to take the heat. Has anyone tried it?
Andy Cuffe

I work for an LG service center in the Twin Cities. In fact as of
three weeks ago we awarded the the number 2 LG service center in the
nation. All that to say that the polarizers are available from a LG
authorized service center but most wont sell them over counter. The
blue IS the most common one to go. The others usually have no problem.
Our cost on a 52 which had the same problem was aroun $120. Good
luck! The best would be to bring to a LG service center.

Later..