Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bandsaw Choice

Neil Larson wrote:

Im looking to replce my 20 year old Craftsman 12" bandsaw. I will use it
primarily for resawing, cuting dovetails and joints and some bandsaw boxes.
I am trying to make my mind up between the Rinkon 10-325, Powermatic
PWBS-14CS and the Jet JWBS-14DX.

The thing you don't mention is that the Rikon is 2 speed. 2950 and 1450,
IIRC. That was the deciding factor for me. I think the low speed gave it
the torque required to be the resaw champ in the Popular Woodworking article.

I haven't used mine a lot yet, but it seems to be put together as well as any
other and I found little or no drift with the factory supplied blade.

--
It's turtles, all the way down