Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default Keep the lid on, or not?

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 10:16:37 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

The conundrum of toilet seat placement has been professionally investigated.

When mathematicians (I'm one) decided to tackle the problem of toilet seat
placement, I got interested. The results of applying game theory to the
question of "Leave up or down?" are interesting.

Assumptions had to be made, of course: The female performs more toilet
operations because of a smaller bladder, but the male drinks more beer. Not
considered was potential prostate problems.

Mathematical calculations demand the seat be left in its last-used position.
Researchers, however, conclude that the seat should be placed down after
toilet use. It turns out female hectoring is more compelling than science.

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/s...f-635f6a445f96

Other possible considerations, such as esthetics, sanitation, and pet
hydration were ignored.

What is so difficult about lowering the toilet seat if it is up? Does
the female just sit down without looking and wedge herself into the
bowl? You need do that only once and learn a lesson for life to look
first before you sit. I think this toilet seat conundrum is more a
question of esthetics. To a female a up toilet seat looks ugly and
un-neat. She wants her house to look tidy. That's it.