Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default Change Siding

writes:

On Feb 3, 11:38 am, "Novtim" wrote:
Recently my home got hell damage on the aluminum siding. My insurance
company offered changing two sides of the house. A contractor company
offered us to replace all sides with Vinyl with same amount of money.
I worried about the value of the house will be affected by changing
from Aluminum to Vinyl siding, is my concern reasonable? We live in
north-midwest US area where the temperature are relatively low all
year around.

I am new to home stuff, should I replace all sides to Vinyl? can
someone give some suggestion?

Thanks very much ahead.
Novtim

I can't imagine it would.

Agreed. In my book vinyl is superior to aluminum.
It's going to resist dents and scratches better.

You may want to call a realtor and just ask if having aluminum siding
over vinyl is a selling point.

If it's not I would go with the vinyl if only because it doesn't dent
in hail storms.

We had a bad hailstorm in NJ a few years back.
None of the siding was damaged but the vinyl trim
and shutters were messed up pretty bad.

Repairs were easy and cheap.