Posted to rec.woodworking
Allen Allen is offline

Default Bandsaw Choice

In article ,
"Neil Larson" wrote:

Im looking to replce my 20 year old Craftsman 12" bandsaw. I will use it
primarily for resawing, cuting dovetails and joints and some bandsaw boxes.
I am trying to make my mind up between the Rinkon 10-325, Powermatic
PWBS-14CS and the Jet JWBS-14DX.

The Basics:

Powermatic PWBS-14CS
-1 1/2 hp motor
-15X20 2 piece cast table
-12 inch resaw capacity
-Carter ball bearing blade guides
-Carter Quick Release Lever
-9 spoke cast wheels
-Halogen work light
-cut line chip blower
-$799.99 with resaw fence and 6" riser after a $100.00 rebate

All are within my price after adding delivery and a mobile base. I am
familure with the Jet and have found good info on the Powermatic, but info
on the Rikon is scarce. Anybody have any experience with these and any
recommendations on what to buy

The Powermatic was my choice a year ago and I've been very happy with
it. They also threw in the mobile base for free.