Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

Leon, you simply are not in touch with reality. I'll wager that you
have a high income and/or no kids.

I am comfortable, retired at 40, 12 years ago, but certainly have not got a
high income. I quit my job to be at home for my son when he started
attending public schools. During the first 3 years of my retirement my
family had a negative cash flow every month. Needless to say, making ends
meet was difficult those 3 years.

My son, now 19, is an Honors student and has a 4 year academic excellence
scholarship that he earned that pays for 85% of his tuition at the
University of Houston. Additionally, he works part time and has had the
same job for most of the last 3 years.

The HS that he went to in SW Houston put up with no crap from the students.
Poor conduct resulted in the student being immediately transferred to one of
the other schools. Parent involvement at the school in this middle to lower
income community was high.

I am totally in touch with reality. I am just not one to sit around making
excuses for why I can't do this or can't do that. No one handed me
anything.

People that sit around blaming others, get no where. Lead, help, or get
out of the way.