Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

More importantly a one on one with teacher and or principal. I am not a
teacher and believe that too many teachers are ineffective. If you fail
see the revelance you are probably one of those people that always points
the finger.

I see, you've made two attempt now to make this about me.

HUH?

Personally I think that any teacher that can't handle the kids without
parental meetings should be fir^Hned.

Where do you live, Dream land? What public school will let a teacher
actually discipline a child without fear of a law suite?

If that is what you see as the problem then you simply need to make it
lawful for teachers to discipline children without fear of a lawsuit
rather than fining parents for not kowtowing to teachers' demands that
they appear in a certain place at a certain time.

Now you are making sense. The teacher should be able to dicepline the kids
with out fear of a law suite just like a parent should be. If it goes too
far then they can be punished just like any one else.
Further, where did you get the notion that a teacher can demand that you
show up in a certain place at a certain time? Appointments are made to
suite both parties. If you make a commitment and do not show up then that
again is a personal problem and deserves the fine.

But you are actually introducing Constitutional issues here. By what
authority does a teacher have the power to order a parent to be in a
certain place at a certain time? Teachers are not police or judges,
they have no power to issue warrants. I suspect that the courts would
toss any such law in short order.

There you go assuming that the teacher can call all the shots again.