Gary Coffman

Default Horizontal bandsaw question

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:41:40 -0800, Grant Erwin wrote:
What actually wears out on these little saws is the gears in the gearbox. You
can get replacement gears from the Jet or Delta parts network, but I don't know
if they will fit an HF saw. I doubt you will be able to get replacement parts
from HF - heck, they have probably sold many different versions of the 4x6" saw
and don't keep track! However, if you clean out the gearbox when new, and keep
good gear oil in it, you should get decent life out of it.

Actually, HF is pretty good about getting you replacement parts. Like anything
you order from HF, it may take a while to get them to you. That's the big advantage
of buying from an outfit like MSC, their service is *quick*. But if you aren't in a
hurry, HF gets the job done.

Gary