Posted to uk.d-i-y
mike mike is offline

Default Pipe Benders

Lobster wrote in
:

Hi All

Very complicated plumbing job today, re routing 15mm copper pipe
around several obstacles - ended up using around 30 solder ring 90
degree fittings.

Maybe it's time to buy a tube bender :-)

I've found pipe bending skills a bit beyond me, in muscle _and_
skill, or maybe it's Norm next door's bender.

But perhaps 45 deg elbows would help (screwfix 26209-85); and even
*I* don't use solder rings any more, end feed are no harder to fit
and _much_ cheaper; ie 15 mm elbows end feed 100 for 14 quid, solder
ring 100 for 25 quid.

Sounds like a very appropriate job for using plastic pipes actually -
or is there some reason not to?

If that reply was intended for me, and not MH, I've never used them; I
trust copper prolly only because I'm used to it and it's never let me down.

But I've got some runs 9n the loft that _would_ have been a lot easier
with plastic, but it was pretty new when I put them in, and I like to let
others learn from experience ;-)

mike