Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default WHY is it so hard to find a Cori Engineer!!!

"Lobster" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Lobster" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Lobster" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Lobster" wrote in message

Well I have a Valliant boiler and matching unvented cylinder. When
the Vaillant engineer came round for a service, he didn't even look
at the cylinder, wasn't interested. "Nothing to service" ISTR he
said.

The man is a fool. Do you have a piece of paper to say it has been
looked at? If there is an insurance claim the insurance company will
disown you.

There's nothing whatsoever in the small print of my insurance policy
to suggest that.

Read again. A unvented cylinder needs a service by an "approved"
fitter, usually BBA every year. If there is a fault, a claim, and not
serviced they will not pay up. Being CORGI is not being unvented
approved.

So just out of interest, if I was to scan in all the small print of my
insurance policy and post it up here, would you believe me then?

Ring them up. Your cylinder fails and the ceiling collapses beneath -
£10Ks worth of damage. Contact insurance company and they say was the
cylinder serviced? You say, no. They say, No way Jose. Give them a
ring and see what they say.

I've always thought it was a general principle of entering into a written
contract (with an insurance company or otherwise) that the terms of the
contract are written down in advance and signed, rather than made up on
the spur of the moment to suit one party to the contract. But what do I
know

Equipment being serviced that is required to, is usually written in
somewhere; in writing you can't decipher usually.

Common sense. Equipment requires a service and you do not have it serviced
will make the claim void. No one will pay up, and why should they as you
have created the problem by not maintaining the equipment.

- I'm clearly a plantpot and need to eff off, right?

You may be right.