Posted to alt.home.repair
Layperson Tom Layperson Tom is offline

Default circuit breaker boxes

On 2 Feb 2007 12:29:02 -0800, "bubblegummom"
wrote:

We're thinking of upgrading our 60 amp fuse box (presently overloaded)
to a circuit breaker panel. How do I know if we should get a 125 amp
or a 200 amp panel? According to Zillow.com our house is 1,240 square
feet, in case it's figured by square feet.

Thanks!

Loretta

You can ask for a service calc. This will take in square footage, and
electric usage from major appliances.

Now the knee jerk reaction is to get the 'biggest' but the trend is
toward more energy efficient applicances, and with a limited square
footage, it might be most cost effective to get what you need.

Just thinking out loud....

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info