Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default End grain - wet or dry wood

Hi Robert

Shear scraping as it generally is called, you use a scraper on an
angle (skewed) if the the scraper is square across the end it is hard
to hold it on skewed angle, so some will grind the end of the scraper
skewed.

I use a round nose scraper for that, that way I can use it inside or
outside.

Like Darrell said, you hold the scraper at 45 to 50 degrees (or what
works for you) with the handle low, and at a angle to the wood so it
will scrape very fine, again scrapers need to be sharp and that last
only seconds.

Don't know if I did any better than Darrell, but I tried.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Feb 2, 8:58 pm, "
wrote:

Darrell, I for one am always interested in what you have to say. But
I have to tell you, you lost me on that one. I guess let us know when
you get the page!

Robert