Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repairing a Hydronic floor heating system

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Concrete slab home that was built in 1954. i was outside the
other day and observes some wettness on my block foundation. i think
one of my radiant floor heat pipes is leaking. does anyone know if
there is a way to pinpoint the location of a leak? i do not want to
think of removing my entire concrete slab and having to reinstall
tubing and pour a new slab. I do want to figure out how to make the
repair because i never want to give up the floor heat.

About that time, Levitt was building thousands of homes in Pennsylvania
using the same type of system. Some years ago they started to corrode and
leak. Many have been converted to standard baseboard heat. Not easy, but
sensible and long lasting. It may be your best solution.