Posted to alt.home.repair
CC CC is offline

Default Q spraying contact adhesive

"jim" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 2, 11:35 am, "Cliff Hartle" wrote:
Why don't you want to roll it with some thing like this?

http://www.ravsupply.com/home/rs1/pa...nt_roller_cove...

I see spraying making quite a mess with a ton of waste.

Also, how are you going to handle the fumes? The flammable stuff is well
flammable and the nonflammable stuff I think is toxic.

"CC" wrote in message

I didn't want to buy a sprayer and tank of adhesive to put down laminate
for a counter top
Has anyone used a quart paint spray gun to apply the contact adhesive
instead of rolling it on
Would the same spray tips work or a larger one be needed.Any thoughts
from
someone who works
in a top shop would be appreciated.
CC- Hide quoted text -

As some one who works in cabinents don,t spray less you have a booth
to contain it and don,t light a match if you enjoy life . Use a roller
much better

Thanks jim, as far as fumes, I have plenty of ventilation but was hopeing
for a cheaper
way to spray it on versus using a roller.
CC