Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default The Garage

Eigenvector wrote:
I'm new to this whole homeowner thing and one item that has me
stumped is whether or not I should write off my garage.

I took a tape measure and my garage door is 8 feet wide. My Ranger
is 6 1/2 feet wide. Common sense would indicate that I can put my
truck in the garage. But I'm looking at it and thinking to myself,
"there's no way in hell that this truck'll fit in there without
ripping the mirrors off - never mind getting back out!" So I'm
scratching my head wondering if I should risk it, or toss up my hands
and vow that that garage is only to be used for a machine shop and
workout room.

What's the problem?

Get a smaller car.