Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default circuit breaker boxes

CJT wrote:
N8N wrote:

Why not? I've added an AFCI to my house, along with a TVSS. I used
receptacles where GFCIs would be required. It takes minimal effort
"while you're in there" and while it may not be 100% compliant with
modern codes, it's closer than it was.

What electrician will be willing to bring something "closer than it was"
to code?

I didn't say I was a professional. But the only items not to code that
I'm aware of right now are the lack of a dedicated 20A circuit to the
bathroom, one kitchen counter outlet that's on a 15A general
lighting/receptacle circuit, and a few remaining receptacles that aren't
grounded. I'm picking away at those issues, but my point was I don't
particularly see the point of saying "well, it still won't be perfectly
code compliant for new construction, so why bother?"

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel