Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default Pictures of my workshop

David wrote:
My shop ain't much but it was the best I could do with the property
space I had.
I have bad knees and a very bad back and built it completely alone.
The ten foot wall were a bitch but stick framing the 5/12 pitch roof
almost killed me. Not kidding.. Take a look if you are interested.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/557324341SiDLed

lol, been there, done that! My own coup d'grace was building my own
wheelchair ramp in front of the house; I knew I'd be needing it shortly and
was right. Today it's a godsend. It's a real challenge figuring how to get
stuff up properly without getting off the ground/floor or using ladders but
after 8 months, I had it done! The only help I had to get was my nephew to
drive the 4x4's 4' into the ground. I used metal for the roof, fastened
wood "hookers" to it, slid it into place and screwed it to the frame from
inside. Now I've got a nice little "microporch" (where the landing is) and
a 30' ramp, all built to the ADA guidelines, and it even passed inspection
the first time. The inspector made me feel great by asking a lot of "how
did you ... " questions, too! Great for the ego.
It's amazing what one can do when properly motivated, isn't it? It might
take me a long time, but I get 'er done sooner or later, usually later
acording to the swmbo.

Pop`