Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Wire Burning

Acoustic ones work as well :-) We blugrass players tend to have too many
guitar and banjo strings around. On the other hand my son wants me to
refurbish my old electric guitar and build another one. Ok two, he wants
another one as well.

--

God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

"Old Grey" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:53:09 GMT, "Tom Dougall"
wrote:

Hi Group,

I would like to try some wire burning on some napkin rings I have turned.
I have a few questions which I hope you will answer for me.

1. Which is the best type of wire to use?

Just would like to add that I use old electric guitar strings (wire)
that my son had. Comes in 5 different sizes and have held up very
well.