Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron(UK) Ron(UK) is offline

Default Cleaning LCD screen

Morse wrote:
"Ron(UK)" wrote in message
Morse wrote:

I use a soft tissue moistened with 'Windowlene' spray on my TFT screens
and it has never damaged one yet.

I used Windowlene on my Mitsubishi CRT monitor and the anti reflective
coating started to come off! Ooops!

Ron(UK)

Ouch! AR coating can detach itself for reasons other than solvent damage
though, I inherited some Sony 300SF monitors from a company which I know
used proper wipes to clean them, and one had signs of coating damage. I
understand the coating can be removed completely on some monitors if it
starts to flake.

Morse

Well, One day I`ll strip the lot off - when I get a round tuit - It`s a
lot brighter where the coating is missing, luckily just in one lower corner

Ron(UK)