Posted to rec.woodworking
Barry Lennox Barry Lennox is offline

Default Help with Router choice

On 1 Feb 2007 21:11:19 -0800, "OuttKastt"
wrote:

snip

I was at the Busy Bee store tonight and picked up the Big Triton but
was really liking the little Triton. The big one comes in a cardboard
box but the little Triton comes in a nice case with a bunch of
accessories. Will there be a big difference between the 2.25 and the
3.25 HP routers? The little Triton was $199 and the big one was
$259. Any advice on which one to buy. Should I keep the big Triton
or take it back and get the smaller one?

Uuuugh, this is really frustrating.

Oh dear! If the budget can stand it, both?

Or one (The Big one?) , and a $39 chinese cheapie that will let you
build up some practice with, and you don't worry about abusing? And
will still be quite useful for smaller jobs.

Barry