Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Pipe Benders

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 00:01:47 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Hi All

Very complicated plumbing job today, re routing 15mm copper pipe around
several obstacles - ended up using around 30 solder ring 90 degree fittings.

Maybe it's time to buy a tube bender :-)

This seems to be a generic piece of kit
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...8255&ts=73868#

£23 at Toolstation, £29 at Screwfix or £34 at Plumbworld. Same spec &
picture.

Anyone used one? Any opinions?

Yup. Couldn't get a non-corrugated bend out of it and ended up sending it
back and bought a decent one. Some tools aren't all the same and pipe
benders seem to be one such. I think my good one is a Hilmor - it's
yellow.