Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Q spraying contact adhesive

On Feb 1, 9:25 pm, "CC" wrote:
I didn't want to buy a sprayer and tank of adhesive to put down laminate for
a counter top
Has anyone used a quart paint spray gun to apply the contact adhesive
instead of rolling it on
Would the same spray tips work or a larger one be needed.Any thoughts from
someone who works in a top shop would be appreciated.
CC

I don't fit the last criterion, but for "a" counter top I'd not even
consider the logistics of spraying contact cement -- by the time
you're set up and got it working, you'd be done w/ the roller, and
then you still have cleanup to go. Plus, unless you're building the
cabinet in the shop and have containment of overspray and mist, you've
got to cover everything else and mask the wall behind, etc., to
control the overspray. Just not worth the effort, imo.

What's the incentive to spray instead of roll other than a desire/
curiousity to do so?