Posted to alt.home.repair
Amanda Amanda is offline

Default Update on - question on my disposable

On Feb 2, 1:52 am, mm wrote:
On 1 Feb 2007 20:32:47 -0800, "Amanda" wrote:

Should I use draino or unscrew the trap and vacuum it when I get the
opportunity.

I don't think you've said whether you have metal or plastic drain
pipes. Although regardless which it is, I don't like Drano.

I have decided against using draino.

Now that the water is running through the drain, there might be no
need for anyting more. Not sure, but maybe gradually the water will
wash away whatever is left.

We rinsed out the trap and the pipe going to drain has been cleaned
with a coat hanger. I got out all the rice I could see.

Pipe is plastic btw.

I do know that if your sink is draining quickly, that's good
enough. You have a double sink, it seems. So if
the sink withough the garbage disposal is draining quickly, that
accounds for most of the drain.

It's running like it used to before the incident.

Any other clogs should be removable by running the disposal.

I ran the disposal a little bit yesterday after the issue was
resolved. Those tarce of grounded rice didn't seem to be a problem.

Except for 3 or 4 inches of drain which are unlikely to be a big
problem.

You mean only the first 3 or 4 inches of the drain were clogged? It
seemed that way IMO.