Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

Default Pipe Benders

On 2 Feb, 00:01, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
snip
Maybe it's time to buy a tube bender :-)

This seems to be a generic piece of kithttp://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=18255&ts=73868#

£23 at Toolstation, £29 at Screwfix or £34 at Plumbworld. Same spec &
picture.

there's also an own brand (kennedy) which does 12+15+22mm about £38 at

http://www.cromwell.co.uk/KEN5886200K?popup=yes

Anyone used one? Any opinions?

I have the kennedy one & it does a good job for the few times I ned a
pipe bender, though:

-it does tend to pinch the join somewhat

-it is difficult to judge a bend angle exact & reinserting a bend to
adjust is an art in itself

-difficult to judge position for 2 bends in succession. I normally
cop out on this one & use a link solder joint.

IMHE most Cromwell (Kennedy is their own brand) do reasonable job at
a reasonable price. I've never had an outright dud, though possibly
for intensive hard use you might be better with the branded item.

HTH