Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ron Lowe Ron Lowe is offline

Default Pipe Benders

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Hi All

Very complicated plumbing job today, re routing 15mm copper pipe around
several obstacles - ended up using around 30 solder ring 90 degree
fittings.

Maybe it's time to buy a tube bender :-)

This seems to be a generic piece of kit
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...8255&ts=73868#

£23 at Toolstation, £29 at Screwfix or £34 at Plumbworld. Same spec &
picture.

Anyone used one? Any opinions?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Pipe benders are excellent tools: Much better that stupid springs etc...

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-...5fee0e5c98d465

Also, read this ( I have a copy printed off in my pipe-bender box. ):
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/plumbing/Pi...%20(BillP).pdf

The only thing to watch for is that the radius is much larger than a 90
degree elbow, so you can't make sharp bends round an obstacle.

--
Ron