Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Shaving Brush Brushes

ya know, after sporting (so to speak) a beard for a few decades, I can say
that the only thing I miss about shaving is the part with the tub of shaving
soap, and the badger hair brush - but I don't miss it enough to resume the
ritual, I just keep the tub and brush (that were my father's) in the cabinet
for nostalgia's sake.
that said, an alergic reaction can be unpleasant and expensive - after
making a bowl using sheoak, it took me several months and a bunch of
hundereds of $$ of doctor and medicine bills to get kinda back to normal -
so for shaving brush handles, stick to the well understood woods - eschew
those related to poison oak or rosewood, and the super aromatics

"Tom Storey" wrote in message
Yer just supposted to stick the hair against yer face Bill -heh heh heh!
However, as one who is allergic to just about everything, including very
much, cocobolo and cedar and goodness knows what else, I know what you
mean!

"William Noble" wrote in message
I would discourage cocobolo and similar woods for this application - many
are allergic to it - dn't want something like that next to your face
"Tom Storey" wrote in message