Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Jack is offline

Default waterproofing laminate flooring

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. net...

"sweetninja" wrote in message

My flooring is already installed and there are a few spots where water
has caused swelling...isn't there ANYTHING that I can use to seal this
floor? The Swedish store told me no. Please, someone tell me
different!!!

OK, you can seal it. Run a bead of silicone caulk along the joints. Then
apply three coats of polyurethane over the entire floor.

Sometimes the silicone or glue will swell up the glueless joints and it well
look worse when installed. The old style laminate, before the glueless snap
ins, where you use the glue provided by the laminate factory, is water
resistant. I have the glueless in both kitchen and bathrooms for a few
years - not a problem if you wipe off any standing water. YMMV