Posted to alt.home.repair
New & Improved - N/F John New & Improved - N/F John is offline

Default Re-Using Caulking Tubes

How about wrapping the tip of the tube with masking tape in manner that
permits caulk to escape? Then pump some out and squeeze the tape together.
No mess.

"LayPerson Tom" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 21:44:48 -0500, (spaceman)
wrote:

As Well As Construction Adhesives, Etc...

Forget About Taping The End Or Using Any Tip That Might Come With The
Tube, Also Don't Use A Nail In The End Trick Either, Using ANY Of These
Methods Are Almost SURE To Result In A Clogged Caulking Tube Tip....

..Instead, After You Are Done, Squirt Out A Blob Of Caulking/Glue &
Cover The TIP Of The Tube With This Blob & Let Dry. Next Time You Want
To Use The Tube, Just Pull Off The Hardened Blob On The Tip & You Can
Re-Use The Tube Like You Hoped To. -ßøþ

imho:

For me that glob always managed to rub up against myself, tools, wall,
or my clothing. So for a buck I picked up two caulk nozzle caps. They
work very well. As for construction adheasive, I clean off any eposed
glue and put in a large nail. Any exposed glue, even that glob
manages to harden and become very permenant.

Now if I don't plan to reuse the tube soon, I then evaluate chucking
it.

tom @
www.YourMoneySavingTips.com