Posted to alt.home.repair
NotX NotX is offline

Default A/C EFFICIENCY

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 23:40:01 GMT, CJT wrote:

DK wrote:

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 12:51:03 -0700, "RJ"
wrote:

We live in Southern Arizona.
The A/C unit is on the south side of the house.
and gets direct sun most of the day.
In the summer time, you could fry eggs on the A/C housing.

Is there any advantage to erecting some sort of shade
over the A/C unit ?

Enough to where the ( energy ) savings would be significant ?

( planning my summer projects.... )

rj

I've never heard of a single scientific study that showed that
shading would reduce energy usage significantly.

Have you heard of a single scientific study that showed it won't?

Have you heard of a single scientific study that showed that eating
pork pies will NOT protect you from rabid skunks?

Have you heard of a single scientific study that addressed the issue?

Have you heard of a single scientific study that addressed the issue
or the effect of pork pies on rabid skunks?

The ambient conditions are essentially overwhelmed by the energy
required to run the compressor.

If you live in a cave and use solar powered electric compressor to
drive a 1 ton ac, then maybe it would make a slight difference.

--
"How could you ask be to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster