Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Griffiths Rob Griffiths is offline

Default Mirror Re-Silvering

In article ,
"Andrew Mawson" wrote:

Does anyone have any experience of having mirrors re-silvered ? If so
by whom and how much !

I have a bevelled mirror in the upstand of an Edwardian sideboard that
is roughly 25" x 27" that desperately needs re-silvering due I suspect
to damp in it's previous location before I owned it. It is too bad
just to ignore.

Although I could put in a piece of new mirror, it would scream 'new in
a piece that has more than its share of the patina of age

AWEM

Is the sideboard good quality or a bit of tat? If tat mess about as much
as you want. If good quality, messing about with the mirror would be a
very bad idea - its resale value as an antique would be severely
affected.