Posted to alt.home.repair
Amanda Amanda is offline

Default buy a shp vacuum - question on my disposable

On Feb 1, 10:12 am, Dan Espen
wrote:
"Amanda" writes:
On Jan 31, 8:36 am, "BobK207" wrote:
On Jan 31, 6:58 am, "Amanda" wrote:

On Jan 31, 4:33 am, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:

[].

Don't give up yet.............if you have access to shop (wet/dry)
vacuum use it to suck as much rice as possible out of the disposal.

I'd rather buy a shp vacuum and try thi disposal problem. Do they
come in different level wattage for the motor/ horsepower? Which one
should I get (for the power)? Which size?

It will help greatly if I get this info before I leave home in 40
mins.

From what I've read so far, you don't have rice in the disposal.

Right.

If you look down the drain, do you see rice?

Look down the drain? How? From where?

If not, the blockage is beyond the disposal.

Blockage seems to be beyond the disposal.

It's not hard at all to unscrew the pipe from the bottom
of the disposal and look for a blockage there.

I looked at my unit and it seems that the drain pipe is attached to
the disposal on the side. I see two big pieces that looked like it
needs a wrnch to unscrew it; they are sitting side way holding the
trap, I think.

Put a bucket under it before you loosen the pipe.

I have a short, flat bucket. To unscrew it, I think I need a big
wrench. I'll get one.

I will be back in a few hours.