Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Rusling Jim Rusling is offline

Default Home-owners insurance from Farmers

"HeyBub" wrote:

wrote:
Just wanted to bounce something off the group.

I have recently received a quote from Farmers insurance for home-
owners. They put the price at rebuilding the home at about $181,000
but the tax roles list my house at $100,000. Should my house burn to
the ground, would it indeed cost $181,000 to rebuild or is Farmers
just padding the coverage?

If the house burns to the ground, you still have the slab and a good portion
of the plumbing. That's worth a pile of bucks right there.

Call a realtor. Find out what your house is worth.

In most cases you will have to take the slab out and start over. I
would not trust any plumbing that had been heated that much. Don't
forget the cost of having the remains removed.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired