Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill in Detroit Bill in Detroit is offline

Default Shaving Brush Brushes

Giovanni Abrate wrote:
Pete has posted a link to his webstore, which includes the brush "knots".
You can see it at http://members.boardhost.com/razorandbrush2/
Also, please send us pictures and descriptions of your brushes to have them
included in our custom brush showcase (www.razorandbrush.com). Just send the
.jpg files and word description to my email.
Thanks,
Giovanni

"Bill in Detroit" wrote in message
Tom Storey wrote:
It might be good fun to turn some handles for shaving brushes. Cocobolo
and similar oily wood should look good! I've found one source for the
'brush', Blankity-Blanks its called. Anyone know of any other sources?

Tom, I refer you to the thread entitled "Badger Shaving Brush Knots".

The originator of that thread (Pete of "Pete & Kathy"), ultimately said
he'd found a second supplier in China ... and then fell off the face of
the earth, ignoring two requests for the name of the supplier.

So, for the moment, blankity-blanks it is.

Bill
rascal less in the world.
Thomas Carlyle (1795 - 1881)
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000709-1, 01/31/2007
Tested on: 1/31/2007 8:11:46 PM

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000709-2, 02/01/2007
Tested on: 2/1/2007 1:01:57 PM

Sorry, Giovanni. I 'knew' I had seen something else somewhere else ...
but I couldn't find it. Yer right, of course.

Apparently a bunch of the folks who posted to your web site are whiners
straggling in from other boards. I wish you every success. And I wish
them a perpetual runny nose.

"Non illegitamati carborundum"

Lousy Latin ... but you'll figure it out anyways.
Bill

rascal less in the world.
Thomas Carlyle (1795 - 1881)
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000709-2, 02/01/2007
Tested on: 2/1/2007 1:06:00 PM