Posted to rec.woodworking
Barry Lennox Barry Lennox is offline

Default Help with Router choice

On 31 Jan 2007 20:35:56 -0800, "OuttKastt"
wrote:

Please help me choose. I recently posted about which router to
purchase and have narrowed it down to two.

1) Bosch 1617EVSPK which comes with RA1054 Deluxe router guide. The
price for this is $309 (CAN) + taxes

2) Triton TRC001 for $259 (CAN) + taxes.

I can't comment on the Bosch, although IMO they make the best jigsaws
ever.

I do have the Triton, and it's great. It's larger than most and
probably more suited to a table, but I use it a lot free-hand. The
gentle soft-start makes it very managable.

You say you only want to buy once, but the woodworking gods frown on
that. I bought a very cheap chinese router to start with and got quite
a lot of experience and use from it, before I bought the Triton. Now
it still gets used for some jobs, as it's pretty small and light.

"One can't be too rich, or have too many routers" Anon.

Barry