Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Help with Router choice

"Michael White" wrote in message
I can't give you any input on the Triton, but I've been pretty
disappointed
with the Bosch setup:

- The power switch has failed twice. It took a week to get fixed while
under warranty, and when it failed the second time I fixed it using parts
from Fry's Electronics. It's a poor design, and I expect it to fail
again.

- The sub-base can't be centered externally using the centering tool.
I've
had three baseplates under warranty, and they're all crap.

My experience differs. The switch problem has come up here in the past.
I've got mine mounted in a table so the switch is never used; it is just
left "on" and an external switch is used. It is in a lift so the base plate
is never used. As for the motor turning, it does that well .

If you can just buy the motor and use it like I do, it should be
satisfactory.