Posted to uk.d-i-y
Malcolm Stewart Malcolm Stewart is offline

Default Radio controlled heaters

"John" wrote in message

I agree with what has been said - but some have an input thermostat - to
govern the intake of heat - as well as some sort of output control - some
even have a fan to blow the heat out. My daughter's place had a heater
with 4 elements that had failed over a period of time - hence "It wasn't
much good before it packed up altogether" A set of elements of EBay has
improved things considerably.

Try Googling for the instructions.

Friend's storage heater, a Unidare (?), needed both a new element and new
insulating material. Couldn't find any source in the Milton Keynes area
even though we tried a range of trade heating and electrical factors.
Eventually we found a supplier in Norwich (
http://www.brownandpayne.co.uk/ ) who were most helpful, and supplied the
parts we needed.

--
M Stewart