Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default Radio controlled heaters

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 18:08:56 -0000, "Tishtash" wrote:

There is no radio control. They are just boxes of bricks heated by an
element run on a timeclock, set to use very cheap night time
electricity. These is no alternative except a proper heating system
with a boiler, although more efficient and smaller storage radiators
might be of use.

My landlords said they are radio controlled and come on at 11pm to 6am,
perhaps he was wrong.

Is it possible to get at the timeclock to make them come on when I flick the
socket to turn it on ?

No, the time is set by the electricity supplier and should be
untamperable. I once had these in a house and the time clock was 12
hours wrong, so they worked well. (Must tell them about that some day)