Posted to uk.d-i-y
tishtash tishtash is offline

Default Radio controlled heaters

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
tishtash wrote:
Hi,

I have these very old fashioned radio controlled heaters which turn on at
certain time and store heat and diepsnse it slowly through the day and
they
are absolutely rubbish!

What I was wondering is there perhaps a way to bypass the radio
controlled
part to turn them on whenever I want to ?

I assume you are referring to economy 7 heaters.
You do know that the 'instant' heat will be more expensive, perhaps by a
factor of 3?

I'm not entirely sure what they are called to be honest. Would you be kind
enough to explain the the difference in factors ?

Basically it gets quite cold and I have bought some other heaters to help
warm the room up as the radio controlled hearters don't heat so great but if
I can get them to come on at command it would be of help I think

Thanks